We were picked! We just found out we are North Carolina’s 1st Seniors Ignite Studio. We are sooooooooooooooooooo happy, excited, elated (fill in your favorite adjective)!
What is Seniors Ignite? It is a National Modeling Program for Senior Portrait Studios to give clients a chance to be a part of something much bigger than just getting incredible images by their local studio. Being chosen as a Seniors Ignite Studio allows us to offer you a senior portrait session with a modeling perspective for you images to be entered into the National Senior Portrait Portrait & Model Contest. YOU, yes YOU, a high school student, could be a NATIONAL Seniors Ignite Model simply by getting your senior portraits taken by us!
How do you become a Seniors Ignite model? Call us to schedule your Seniors Ignite Session. Simple, but hurry! Entry fees & requirements must be received by Oct 31, 2013 so our last Seniors Ignite Session will be scheduled for Oct 20, 2013.
Are they looking for male entries as well? Absolutely. Check out the top guy of last year & his video Ladies be nice and don’t fight over him!
How is the Seniors Ignite session different than other senior portrait sessions we offer? Seniors Ignite sessions receive extra work & care by us to set you apart from the rest of the model applicants. We will treat you like a rockstar because you are one! It includes hair & make-up by Fayetteville’s best, a behind-the-scenes video to show your personality to the judges, extra shots to capture your unique personality for the judges, and a short interview for the judges to set you apart from the other models around the nation. These additional features & requirements bump up the price a little for you ($295 vs $95) but its totally worth it. Keep reading because your few extra dollars could get you & a parent a FREE Las Vegas weekend.
✓ 2 Unretouched Headshots: One Image Straight-On, Smiling, Unretouched & One Image Straight-On NOT, Smiling,Unretouched
✓ Sending in 5 Additional 5×7 Images for judges
✓ Model Application
✓ Comp Card
✓ Model Release & Waiver
✓ Studio Recommendation
What happens if I am a finalist? National Seniors Ignite Model Winners will receive the experience of modeling at the national Seniors Ignite Event at the Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa in February 23-26, 2014. Models will be photographed on location by several of the leading senior portrait photographers in the nation, as well as by their winning photographer. If you win you receive PAID AIRFARE & HOTEL FOR YOU & ONE PARENT. Yup, PAID! The winner receives a free trip but we wanted to add a FREE parent airfare & hotel to enjoy the experience together.
But I don’t want to model for a living & I have never modeled before. Can I still enter? Of course! Not all participating models are interested in a modeling career. Some Seniors Ignite Models want fame, some want a place to showcase their talents and to get recognition, and others just want an experience of a lifetime. ALL seniors have a chance to win a spot as a Seniors Ignite National Model.
What are the judges looking for?
1) Photogenic - the winning models must be able to be easily photographed by a wide range of photographers. This doesn’t mean the most attractive but one who can listen to direction & likes getting their picture taken.
2) Personality - The winning models must have a positive and engaging personality. They are looking for models with a wide range of looks to be photographed (meaning they photograph well with more than one look). This comes through in their personality.
3) Recommendation - each model receives a written recommendation from us outlining the reason(s) why they would make a good model for the Seniors Ignite Event.
4) Variety - They are looking for a variety of looks in the winners – height, size, hair color, eye color, etc. will all be considered in the final selection of models. They are not necessarily looking for seniors who are planning a career in modeling (though some may/will), but rather those who are looking for the experience of a lifetime.
5) Video (OPTIONAL but we are doing this for everyone) – a video of you model walking, talking, and engaging with the camera is a very helpful way to show them more about you This will help you show off your personality and variety of looks as well! We will coach you along with this if you are nervous. A few tweaks make you an instant model.
What else? You would also be featured in videos, images, lookbooks, and marketing campaigns. We would love for you to check out the Seniors Ignite site and read more.
Click the logo.
Want to see the breath-taking 100% FREE event location for finalist models February 23-26 2014 at The Westin Lake Las Vegas click the event page.
In addition, models and photographers will be showcased on www.facebook.com/SeniorsIgniteModels
Below are a few image submission card examples from the class of 2013 model entries.